SPOTLIGHT & GUEST POST: Never Let You Fall by Michele G. Miller
Never Let You Fall
by Michele G. Miller
Young Adult Paranormal
Orphaned at 7, with no memory of her past or the family she lost, 17 year old Skye Martin is tired of being alone and afraid. After a hard night of partying, Skye wakes up alone in an unfamiliar hotel. All she can remember is the deep voice of her rescuer and his promise: “I am safe.”
Xander has been tasked with watching Skye from afar for the past two years, in order to keep her safe from the demons that hunt her. An easy job – until a pair of red glowing eyes reveal themselves to Skye, and Xander, in a moment of weakness, is forced to break his cover to protect her. Never good at trusting people, Skye is inexplicably drawn to Xander and the immediate bond she feels for him. However, Xander is filled with secrets and ties to her past that threaten to thrust Skye into a world she could never imagine existed…
As she begins to unravel the truth about who Xander is and the details surrounding her family, she discovers that she might just be the key to saving everything… And, most importantly, she finds that there has always been someone by her side who would never let her fall…
Hi everyone! *waves* I hope you are all having a fabulous week. Today I am inspired by the name of the blog ‘Sweet Southern Home’ to share with you my top ten favorite southern things!
I have lots of deep southern roots in me as I moved to Mobile, Alabama in the seventh grade. I married my born and raised Bama boy there and had my first child there too! I love the south!
From the accents- I will admit I tend to make fun of them sometimes but there is nothing like a sweet southern gentleman calling you ma’am- to the hospitality there is nothing like a southern way of life!
1) Not at all book related but my favorite thing about the south is Football! I don’t mean NFL either. If you are a true southern you eat breath and sleep the Friday night lights and college game day every Saturday from Labor day to Thanksgiving. Roll Tide Roll!
2) The classics. Gone With The Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Sound and the Fury, Adventure of Huck Finn! The list can go on and on there is an amazing list of classic books set in the south.
3) The flowers. Magnolias and azaleas are just two of the beautiful flowers that bloom across the south every spring. Check out gardens across the south for some of the most beautiful blooms around.
4) Speaking of magnolias how about steel ones? Southern movies that you can’t miss. Steel Magnolias, Sweet Home Alabama, Forest Gump, The Notebook, Gone with the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, A Time to Kill, Cape Fear to name a few.
5) Southern festivals. Have you been to Jazz fest in New Orleans? Mardi Gras in Mobile (the real home of Mardi Grad, not New Orleans.) Memphis in May, Charleston Food & Wine Fest.
6) FOOOD! The yummy goodness is never ending! Oh there is nothing like some good southern. My hubby likes his Cajun seafood. I’m partial to the fried food smothered in gravy. The BBQ is the bomb. There is also the issue of sweet tea which is a MUST in my book.
7) Southern way of life. If you’re a true southerner then you know that to be southern is to be laid back and a little slow paced. It also means weekly dinners with the family and socials at the church on Wednesdays. Southern is about family and friends.
8) Southern homes. There is just something about those gorgeous southern homes. Large sitting porches, two story columns ala Gone with The Wind, large trees shading the neighborhood roads.
9) Modern books with southern flair. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins, Any John Grisham novel, The Sookie Stackhouse books, The Vincent Boys series by Abbi Glines, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
10) Southern celebs. Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Channing Tatum..see a trend? America’s Sweethearts and heartthrobs were all raised in the south.
There you have it a list of ten things that make the south a place to live and love. Hope you enjoyed it ya’ll 😉
About the Author
Having grown up in both the cold, quiet town of Topsham, Maine and the steamy, southern hospitality of Mobile, Alabama, Michele is something of a enigma. She is an avid Yankees fan, loves New England, being outdoors and misses snow. However she thinks southern boys are hotter, Alabama football is the only REAL football out there and sweet tea is the best thing this side of heaven and her children’s laughter!
Her family, a doting husband and three awesome minions, have planted their roots in the middle of Michele’s two childhood homes in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Never Let You Fall is Michele’s first novel and she is beyond thrilled to have finally followed up on a dream she has held for over 20 years! God willing there will be many many more books to follow.
PURCHASE THE BOOK: