REVIEW: Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale
In our household, we buy food in bulk and then separate it and freeze it in to more manageable portions. For this reason, I have been dying to get my hands on a kitchen scale, so I can more accurately measure instead of trying to approximate! I’m thrilled that I got the chance to review the Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale, because it works perfectly for my needs.
As you can see, the scale itself has a reflective metallic finish with a tempered glass weighing plate. This aesthetically pleasing design is sure to match any kitchen, and the sleek surface is eye catching indeed.
The scale is ready to go right out of the box. It lights up with a bright digital display that can be changed to either grams or ounces.
For my purposes, I was splitting up a large package of chicken tenders into one pound bags. This scale is absolutely accurate, as it measures to the hundredth of the chosen measurement. The coolest feature of the scale is that it has a tare system, which means you can weigh your container and then subtract that weight from the weight of the items you are weighing (did that make sense? I feel like I used the word weigh WAY too much…). As I was using zipper seal bags to store my chicken in, this didn’t make much of a difference for me but I can see it will be useful in the future!
The one and only caveat I have with this scale is with the glass plate. It comes unscrewed rather easily from the base, and while that is a plus for cleaning, it’s not good for clumsy fingers. But, with careful use and storage, this should be a non-issue.
I definitely recommend the Ozeri Epicurean Digital Kitchen Scale for those who need it for basic household use, because it is a no-brainer to use and will fancy up your kitchen!
- Celebrated design features a contoured base layered with a reflective glass sheet for understated elegance and décor.
- Shatter-resistant glass weighing platform is completely separated from the touch buttons to ensure the highest possible accuracy.
- Reinforced sturdy base keeps the scale in place during operation.
- Features an instant-response Unit button to effortlessly change the unit of measurement, and an instant-response Tare button to calculate the net weight of your ingredients.
- Large high-contrast LED screen displays weights up to a maximum of 5000 g (176 oz) in graduations of 1 g or 0.1 oz.